Papers that describe some of the research methods and some of the main fundings:
- Gero, J. S. and Kazakov, V. (2000) Adaptive enlargement of state spaces in evolutionary designing, AIEDAM 14(1): 31-38. (pdf)
- Gero, JS and Kazakov, V (2001) A genetic engineering extension to genetic algorithms, Evolutionary Computation 9(1): 71-92 (pdf)
Papers that describe the research in more detail:
- Ding, L and Gero, JS (2001) The emergence of the representation of style in design, Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, 28(5):707-731. (pdf)
- Gero, JS and Kazakov, V (1998) Evolving design genes in space layout problems, Artificial Intelligence in Engineering 12(3):163-176. (pdf)
- Gero, JS and Kazakov, V (1997) Learning and reusing information in space layout problems using genetic engineering, Artificial Intelligence in Engineering 11(3): 329-334. (pdf).
- Gero, JS and Louis, S (1995) Improving Pareto optimal designs using genetic algorithms, Microcomputers in Civil Engineering 10(4): 241-249.
- Gero, JS and Sosa, R (2008) Complexity measures as a basis for mass customisation of novel designs, Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design (to appear) (pdf)
- Jo, J and Gero, JS
(1998) Space layout planning using an evolutionary approach, Artificial Intelligence in Engineering 12(3): 149-162. (pdf)
- Schnier, T and Gero, JS (1996) Learning representations for creative design using evolution, AIEDAM 10: 175-177.
For the rest you can scour my publications starting with those under In Progress.
The people who have or are working with me on this include:
- Lan Ding
- Jun Jo
- Romuald Jagielski
- Vladimir Kazakov
- Sourav Kundu
- Sushil Louis
- Thorsten Schnier
- Ricardo Sosa